This position is a 5-8's days schedule (M-F)
This position is responsible for performing instrumentation activities including troubleshooting, calibration, installation, and repair in a cGMP regulated environment. This position will provide calibration/troubleshooting support necessary to ensure that the equipment and instruments used by the Facilities, Quality Control, and Manufacturing Departments are in a current state of calibration and working condition with an emphasis on minimizing down time for the customer.
.• Work on assignments that are complicated in nature.
• Perform complex troubleshooting on instrumentation loops (i.e., various transmitters, PLC cards, sensing elements, and HMIs).
• Perform calibrations of various types of industrial processing control instrumentation including but not limited to: conductivity, pressure, flow, and temperature.
• Install and repair temperature, pressure, conductivity, flow, and process gas instrumentation.
• Initiate Out of Tolerance Reports
• Operate various types of manufacturing equipment according to procedure.
• Review and approve instrument calibration records generated by contractors and by peers within the department.
• Support Validation in executing OQ tests during the start up of new equipment.
• Perform shipping and return of Metrology standards and other instruments to off-site calibration vendors
• Other duties as requested by metrology management.
• This position requires significant interaction with other departments (employees and managers) for the scheduling of work activities both in the various laboratories and on equipment delivered to the calibration shop.
• This position requires interaction with outside contractors for scheduling work to be performed at the BioMarin facility.
• On an on-going basis this position interacts with outside vendors for scheduling and performing external calibration work.
• Interaction with Engineering and other department heads regarding new technology implementation in manufacturing and lab settings.
Biotech or pharmaceutical: minimum 2 years.
Instrumentation or Calibration: minimum 7 years.
Electro-mechanical background a plus
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (P&ID’s) and specifications.
Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
Completion of a 2 year technical program (instrumentation or industrial electronics) or an associate’s degree in a related science or engineering major. Extensive OTJ experience in calibration/instrumentation position may be considered.
Experience with PC programs such as Word, Excel, CMMS, or other database preferred.
Familiarity with HART protocol, DMMs (FLUKE 744/754) a plus.