The Global Medical Information (GMI) Associate will support Global Medical Information including daily operations, project management, and Medical Information Systems technical support. The associate will also be responsible for business process documentation, improvement, and implementation to sustain business operations and support business growth. The associate will be expected to demonstrate the core medical information associate functions, play a leadership role in multiple projects, and provide business process and system training/assistance.
As this is a recently developed role we are looking for an innovative personality, someone that brings with them new ideas and ways of approaching tasks but can also accept direction and can apply themselves well within a lean yet cohesive team. The candidate will be comfortable working under close deadlines and will need to manage priorities. The candidate must be able to work with international and off-site colleagues, have a strong eye for detail, and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ when called upon.
- Lead and contribute to multiple projects including system upgrades, configuration changes, trainings, website maintenance and improvements, QA, etc.
- Support general daily operations including document management, logistics, and technology needs.
- Coordinate team meetings including posting of agendas and minutes and scheduling for international time zones.
- Support Medical Affairs scientific conference activities such as schedules, booth preparation, and materials readiness.
- Provide scientific and graphic support for generation of professional and appealing slide sets and reports.
- Ensure that systems are optimally functional and support internal system users
- Coordinate activities and communicate effectively within the internal department and with cross-functional partners and vendors.
- Become business process expert, apply technology expertise to solve business problems, and provide recommendations.
- Generate metrics and create reports for sharing cross-functionally.
- Develop, update, and document Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, Job Aids, and Training Manuals.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent and 2 years in a similar role.
- Strong English Language Skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Quick adoption of new technologyAbility to work under pressure and to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Project Management
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact at all levels
- Flexibility to adopt and utilize new tools and techniques to improve departmental output
- Experience working in Medical Affairs
- Literacy in IRMS, Spotfire, Trackwise, Sharepoint, website management.
- International business experience or willingness to engage with international teams
- Additional language skills
Bachelor/Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the sciences, business, computer information systems, computer sciences, or equivalent field.