The Formulation Assistant, under direct supervision, will assist in the preparation and testing of biologic formulations. • Assist in preformulation characterization and formulation development studies including routine and semi-routine laboratory activities under direct supervision.
• Prepare buffers for preformulation and formulation studies.
• Set up compatibility and stability studies under direct supervision.
• Perform assigned assays to characterize drug substances and formulations.
• Testing includes but not limited to pH measurement, HPLC, TGA, DSC, HPLC, solubility, microscopy, size exclusion chromatography, rheometer, capillary electrophoresis, florescence and UV spectroscopy, and osmolality.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and excipient inventory.
• Employee will be trained to set up, maintain and calibrate equipment and instrumentation to support project as needed.
• Work assignments will encompass activities from routine to semi-routine in nature with the ability to recognize deviations from the accepted practice.
• The incumbent will be responsible for the timely completion of assignments, for assisting with troubleshooting, assisting with data summary and report, and for follow-up on any testing issues.
• Good record keeping, organizational, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Hands-on-experience with HPLC and other analytical assay methodologies is preferred.
• Candidate should possess fundamental laboratory skills and should be familiar with Spreadsheet, Word Processing, and slide presentation programs such as PowerPoint.
• Familiar with cGMP/GLP laboratory is preferred.
• Experience in research and development in an industrial setting is preferred.
B.S./B.A. in a science related discipline with 0 - 2 years of relevant industrial experience.