Understanding of process theory and equipment operation
Ability to learn biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes including mammalian cell culture, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, column chromatography, protein purification and formulation of bulk drug substance
Support initiatives for process optimization
Identify and elevate processing issues and support solutions
Demonstrated proficiency Gain experience with automation systems (LIMS, MES, PI, etc.)
Provide feedback and/or suggested changes to operational procedures
Assist in the incorporation of new technologies, practices and standards into procedures
Capable of writing and reviewing process documents
QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE:
Understanding of cGMPs as related to Commercial Operations
Ability to utilize Quality systems (Deviations, CAPAs, Change Requests, Action/Alert Reports, etc.)
Ability to participate on projects and contribute to outcomes
Capability to learn and support new business systems (Track wise, ERP, etc.)
Support trending of defined department metrics
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Consists of strenuous, repetitive work. The following list of physical movements maybe used on a daily basis: bending, reaching, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling and making numerous equipment connections using hands.
• Independently have the ability to regularly lift, dispense, push and/or pull items with an average weight of 25 pounds.
• May require work around loud equipment.
• The use of personal protective equipment will be required.
• Requires various shift based work and off hours
• Bachelor’s degree in science related area or engineering
• Associate’s degree in science related area or Biotech certificate with 2+ years of experience in a biotech manufacturing environment or other regulated industry